raft foundation

• Thread starter shane landsc
  • Start date
S

shane landsc

hi i am a landscaper and a client need a raft foundation fast ....builders are coming on 22nd ...i have a complete understanding of every thing ...but the chairs that stop the steel work folding on its self..can some one help

I have no idea what this iquery s about, but under no circumstances should you be putting in a raft foundation except under the supervision of an architect or engineer - preferably an engineer.

I agree with MOB and it is inappropriate to use AAM for advice on such a critical issue. What happens if someone replies who thinks he "does know everything" but in fact, has occasional gaps in his knowledge?

Be upfront with your client. Tell him you need technical advice on this issue.

Brendan

by chairs, i presume you mean the support between the top and bottom reinforcement? Can you look at alternatives, such as a heavier sury chair, or getting rebar bant to act as a spacer?

shane, who is certifying this work???
your client really should have an architect / engineer engaged to do this work... and if it requires a raft foundation,this raft needs to be designed and certified by a structural engineer. No offense to you but your design counts for nothing if it isnt certified. This could lead to problems down the line from a mortgage or resale point of view.