Radio removal-05 Micra

liamo

My battery went flat and after it was removed I have lost my radio connection. I now need my PIN number, which of course I was not given when I bought this car second-hand. My local dealer (from whom I bought the car) say they can not find out what the number is, withought removing the radio. The possible charge for all of this is likely to be around 80euro, which I will not pay. I now want to take out the radio and replace it. There are 4 holes on the face of the radio. Do they have to be drilled out or else broken through to accomodate the removal keys?
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Liam.

You need to get 2 pieces of stiff wire i.e a 3mm welding rod about 150mm long and bend them into a u shape with the ends the width of the holes on each side of the radio.Then insert each u into the holes on each side about 50mm and lever them apart and at the same time pull them towards you. This will release the radio.

I am in exactly the same position with a nissan Almera...whilst understandind the security concerns etc a charge of eighty euro seems excessive.Surely proof of ownership of the vehicle and photo I.D. and a modest charge should satisfy the main dealers.I did see a uk web site where if you supply them with the serial number of the set and eight pounds stg they will get the radio code.Does anybody know anything about this ???

Back