Radio fuse

J

johnwrites

My girlfriend's 1995 Fiesta battery was disconnected several times while being repaired. Now has it fixed but the radio is 'dead' i.e. blank, it is not flashing and asking for code as it should be. Could she have blown fuse while jumping/starting to take for repair? Where is the fuse for the radio? Or is it something else?
Thanks

You need to enter a code to reset the radio. a friendly ford garage should be able to help

I know it needs a code and I know the code.The radio 'screen' is blank not asking for code as I wrote. I know the code and how to enter but no prompt. Should be flashing asking for code

there is a fuse behind the radio on line with the 12V supply and also one in the fuse bank, but you'll need to know which one though

A fuse behind the radio as well as in fuse bank? Have to take out radio to get to it?

Has any one a ford 2005 radio manual?

Thanks

I am posting this in case any one else wants to know:

There is a fuse behind the radio. remove radio with a tool which is almost shaped like letter U, available from car dealer or make with old wire hangers Insert one into two holes at left and one into two holes at right.Remove radio. Remove two 'plugs' and ariel at back.Thefuse is in the back of the radio, so put it standing on front and remove fuse. Insert new fuse and connect up ariel etc then slide radio back in till it clicks into place. Sorry cannot do illustrations.

Thanks guys for help here

Back