Radio Blown - 02 Honda Accord

Plek Trum

Hi all, plugged a mobile phone charger into the lighter of 02 Honda Accord and there was a loud pop, the stereo went off and now doesn't turn on, no life there at all. I'm hoping this might be a simple fuse replacement issue (fingers crossed!).

Is this something I can do myself and also, what type fuse would I ask for in a Motor Factors - is it easy to find and replace? All help appreciated as ever!

do you know where the fuses are located in your car? If so then get out the manual and it will tell you what size and type for the radio. Its probably a 15A, but just a guess.
Anyone worth their salt in a motor factors would be able to tell you where the fuses are kept

Hopefully when you replace the fuse, your stereo doesn't need a code to power it back up..!!!!!!!!

Depending on the type of radio there is more then likely a fuse in the rear of the radio, check this one as it's usually the one to go.

Thanks a million guys, will do that and hope there isnt a need to chase codes for the radio!

if the radio has a face that pops off, you probably will not need a code. If it isn't then you probably have to call a main dealer to get it. they may charge a small fee.