Radiator Covers

S

SPS

I'm hoping to get a radiator cover for my front room but can't find a standard off the shelf to fit it. The width is 1300 or 51" which seems to be just over the normal size. Has anyone got any suggestions of know of anywhere thats not outrageously priced. Thanks

SPS said:
I'm hoping to get a radiator cover for my front room but can't find a standard off the shelf to fit it. The width is 1300 or 51" which seems to be just over the normal size. Has anyone got any suggestions of know of anywhere thats not outrageously priced. Thanks

Got a carpenter to make two for my house to hide a rad in the hall and one in the front sitting room he charged E100 for each cover but he spent a lot of time putting some fine detail into them and they are solid pine.
I know I probably got them very reasonable but they are worth the money when done properly as they really are a nice feature and also hide an ugly radiator very handy as a shelf for plants pictures ect..
I wouldn't pay any more then 150-200 euro for a nice one though any more then that and it's getting way too expencive.

Good Luck ;)

[broken link removed] and most builders/DIY suppliers will carry a range which should do the job. B&Q have fixed and expandable ones more than big enough for what you need.
Leo

Leo said:
[broken link removed] and most builders/DIY suppliers will carry a range which should do the job. B&Q have fixed and expandable ones more than big enough for what you need.
Leo

I didn't go with anything Homebase or B&Q had as all they had were MDF covers that needed to be painted I wanted pine that could be varnished to show natural wood and also herself of coarse had to have all timberwork in the house "matching" you know yourself lads but still she has good taste and it turned out nice.

Good Luck ;)

Stumbled across this lad last week Ian Martin Carpentry based in Dublin the work looks great although I have never used him he might be quite competitive ask for a quote and whatever you do no money up front just small deposit if requested and get a receipt, pay balance or in full on completion if you are completely happy.

http://www.radcovers.ie/

Good Luck ;)

DOBBER22 said:
... you know yourself lads but still she has good taste ...

Well, you would say that, wouldn't you? ;)

B&Q have 118 different styles, not all in stock but they can be ordered from the store. No solid wood though, all "oak effect", etc...
Leo

Thanks for the info, I'll check out those websites and hopefully they'll sort me out. Never thought I'd see the day I'd be posting about radiator covers. Cheers.

Back