Radiator covers - a DIY job?

olivia

Is it very difficult to fit raditor covers or is it better to go to a company who measures, makes and fits? Where is a good place to buy?

olivia said:
Is it very difficult to fit raditor covers or is it better to go to a company who measures, makes and fits? Where is a good place to buy?

You could price this guy his works looks good I had a carpenter make me a pine radiator cover for my hall he charged E100 that was for the cover and fitting.

[broken link removed]

Rad covers are not hard to fit you only need to ensure your measurements are correct as there is no point in buying a cover
that won't fit over the rad and stay clear of any doors ect that might be next to the rad.
Measure the radiator and then go and look in places like B&Q, HOMEBASE, ARGOS all stock radiator covers although they don't have a great range
if you want good solid real wood such as OAK, PINE, TEAK then you will probably have to go to a carpenter that does this kind of work he will
bill for making the cover/materials and fitting but the result is much better than a DIY cover.

Good Luck

I fitted a couple of rad covers that we got in homebase, they were dead easy to fit and I'm no Mr. DIY.