Radiator Cabinets

B

Boss

I am trying to source radiator cabinets/covers.Any suggestions where I should go?

Mrs Roy was advised to try this guy, based in Louth but installed several for me in Glasnevin. Not cheap (€350-400 I think) but quality is excellent and he's a perfectionist.

Name is Tony (can't remember surname) and number is 086 2253637

Roy

don't they block a **** load of heat though....bit of a downside.

Re: ..

Woodworkers in Mount Tallant Avenue in Dublin (www.woodworkers.ie) supply the various parts for radiator covers I believe. They might even sell completed covers, but I am not sure.

As for radiator covers blocking heat, as far as I am aware they can do so if they are not well designed (i.e. not enough space allowed above and around the radiator). A well designed one though should help direct the heat out into the room (well further away from the wall anyway, where it might just end up being cooled sooner).

Mrs 42 is insistent on getting cabinets despite my objections so she has got a quote from guy in Fairview of approx €1100 for five cabinets. Three of them are quite small and 2 being a regular size i.e. approx 80cm. He has dropped the original price from €1350 but I still think its a bit excessive.

Does anyone have any views on whether this is excessive? I had a look in B&Q and could probably buy similar materials for around €500.

Mrs 42 is insistent on getting cabinets despite my objections so she has got a quote from guy in Fairview of approx €1100 for five cabinets. Three of them are quite small and 2 being a regular size i.e. approx 80cm. He has dropped the original price from €1350 but I still think its a bit excessive.

Does anyone have any views on whether this is excessive? I had a look in B&Q and could probably buy similar materials for around €500.
€120 each to make them and drop them to your house doesn't sound bad.

Sounds about right I'd say. Got a quote a while ago for 2 of these. Was working out at around 300-350 each as far as I remember which included fitting etc etc.

Thanks for the replies. I thought initially €1350 was a bit much but I suppose a bit of bargaining paid off. He just came back to us with a price of €1050 so I reckon we won't do much better. It just goes to show how much can be saved by not accepting any trademan's first price.

There are a few on this topic.

B&G do these in the [broken link removed] rage that is stocked by most builders providers. B&Q have 110 diferent [broken link removed] available starting at about €60, not all will be in stock, but you can order in store. Many of these are adjustable.
Leo

Back