RAC - large price increase

mell61

We've just got our renewal documents from RAC (now part of Aviva group), and its jumped from approx Eu95 per annum for 2 x cars up to GB£130.
I'm wondering why its RAC in the UK and not Hibernian in ireland that are sending the renewal notices, and also why the large jump in prices.
I've checked the prices in Hibernian rescue and it seems to only cover one car, am I missing a part of the pricing structure that permits a 2nd car to be added?
I'm going to price AA now, but it was due to their prices I went to RAC originally!

I would be interested to know why people bother with RAc/ AA anymore? Surely most insurance compnaies include breakdown cover as part of the car insurance policy? Unless you want "homestart" or it's equivalent I can't see the need for a breakdown policy - or am I missing something else?

well personally I've had it since my first car 10+ years ago, and used it twice, both times in the dead of a winters night... then it was invaluable.
Travelling 2,000 miles a month for work means its a safeguard well worth its cost (up until this price hike).
I consider it to be a top up on my insurance, and would also consider my insurance coverage for breakdown like credit card insurance for travel, fine until you try and claim and discover all the small print!

I run older cars and with the AA then I am covered in any car I am in... it's me that's covered so it has it's advantages.

Back