Rabodirect Money Mover problem

• Thread starter irishpancake
  • Start date
I

irishpancake

Hi there

Just opened a Rabo account as a home for my maturing ACC SSIA.

Got all the Digipass stuff, etc. and had Money Mover set up to my AIB current account.

Attempted to transfer money from my AIB account using Money Mover on Rabo, but had to give up after three unsuccessful attempts. (I had gone through all the steps with DigiPass, and got the 8-digit code to authorise the transaction)

Each time it failed, I got this message:

The Tp could not be called correctly.

Unfortunately, I am connecting via dial-up and I wonder is there a problem with timing out, or is there some other problem. I will try from work tomorrow, faster Internet, but in the interim.

Any help appreciated.

regards, IP

Why don't you contact RaboDirect?

"Any questions? Contact us on 1850 88 22 44. We’re open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday".

I was checking the interest on my Rabo account last night, but it said it was unable to, and i got the same TP message

Why don't you contact RaboDirect?

"Any questions? Contact us on 1850 88 22 44. We’re open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday".

I have contacted Rabo, via e-mail, and am awaiting a reply.

In the interim, i don't think there is anything wrong with highlighting my problem and seeking the advice of the AAM community, some of whom may have encountered the problem before, or may have an explanation/solution.

Obviously, at least one other contributor has experianced this particular problem last night.

Hi

Just an update which may interest some ppl. Rabo got back to me regarding the problem outlined in my original post.

I reproduce an edited version, for what it's worth.

Dear IrishPancake,

Thank you for your email. This message can appear when Customers are executing or viewing specific transactions on their accounts when end of day is being run which is between approx 9pm and 11pm. This can also occur when the website is specifically busy or if a customer is using a Dial Up System. It will not always occur but it can happen now and again, if it does you should log out of the internet and restart.

Apologies for this inconvenience

If you are still experiencing this issue please contact us on 1850 88 22 44 between 8am and 8pm (Mon-Fri).

Kind regards, XXX Customer Contact Centre

BTW, I have had no problem logging on or transferring to my account from my work network.

Thanks for posting this. I just had the same problem, but at least I know what it it now. I'll try it again later. This site is great for solving problems.

C

This message can appear when Customers are executing or viewing specific transactions on their accounts when end of day is being run which begins at 10pm. This can also occur when the website is specifically busy or if a customer is using a Dial Up System. It will not always occur but it can happen now and again, if it does you should log out of the internet and restart.
Apologies for this inconvenience
If you are still experiencing this issue please contact us.

RaboDirect

Scuse me RadoDirect :p

but is this reply in any way different than the clarification I received from you, which I published way back in March, see above.

Seems to be almost identical ;)

As a matter of interest, what is the clearing cycle for pushing money in and out of Rabodirect? e.g. if I do a credit transfer from a clearing bank -e.g. BOI, to Rabodirect on Monday, will it get to the account by Tuesday, Wed, Thurs.... Similarly on withdrawal how long to get back to BOI account? Is it similar to NR plc where it's about 2-3 days. I find this puts me off using the likes of NR acc as a "sweep" account, in otherwords an account to just hold a surplus couple of grand for a week or so.

The Rabo Money Mover facility takes four working days to clear from the day after it debited your main bank account.
The time it takes for other types of transfer into RaboDirect varies and depends on your own banks transfer times.
The Rabo Money Mover facility takes four working days to clear from the day after it debited your main bank account.
If you asked for the funds to be credited to your RaboDirect Savings Account, you will be receiving interest for those four days with Rabodirect.
When you transfer funds from your Rabo Savings Account to your Rabo Current Account, the transfer is instantaneous.
If you then transfer funds onwards from your Rabo Current Account to another bank and this is executed before 12pm, the money will arrive in the beneficiary account by the next working day.
Transfers that are carried out after 12pm, take two working days.

RaboDirect

I've asked for MoneyMover to be set up on my account. I've mailed Rabo twice so far asking had they received my instruction but i've had no response. Rabo have my bank statement from when i opened my account 2 weeks ago and thats all they need so why the delay?? Simple question. You'd think they didn't want my money. How are Rabo like in general for responding to queries etc??

Just checking is it possible to transfer money into rabo from another current account using normal credit transfer procedures or can you only transfer money into rabo using money mover?
Thanks

Back