RaboDirect: Charges for Rabo Money Mover

• Thread starter munster_fan
  • Start date
M

munster_fan

I'm about to open a RaboDirect current and savings account. My understanding is that using the Rabo Money Mover I can transfer money back into my AIB account. While RaboDirect state there is no charge for transferring the money, I was wondering if AIB will charge me to receive the money?

Yes, I would imagine that AIB will charge you for the incoming transfer-I see no reason why they won't.

Hello,

I want to put some "floating" money into a savings and current account with RaboDirect. First I have to lodge it with my regular bank in our current account. Then I have to transfer it to RaboDirect. Assuming my regular bank charges me for this transaction (are the electronic transfer charges the same in all banks) - will I then be charged every time I transfer money from RaboDirect even though I have "free banking".

Thanks

munster_fan said:
I'm about to open a RaboDirect current and savings account. My understanding is that using the Rabo Money Mover I can transfer money back into my AIB account. While RaboDirect state there is no charge for transferring the money, I was wondering if AIB will charge me to receive the money?
If you're already an AIB customer, you could open an AIB Personal Savings Plan account and use this (within some limits) for this purpose. Transferring money will then be without charge.

You have to commit to a monthly repayment, but can transfer more money in. You are however limited in the amount you can put it and I think withdraw in a single transaction.

Note that they don't encourage using the account in this way, insomuch as they give you a bonus if you only withdraw money once a year.

More info [broken link removed].

justsally said:
Hello,

I want to put some "floating" money into a savings and current account with RaboDirect. First I have to lodge it with my regular bank in our current account. Then I have to transfer it to RaboDirect. Assuming my regular bank charges me for this transaction (are the electronic transfer charges the same in all banks) - will I then be charged every time I transfer money from RaboDirect even though I have "free banking".

Thanks

Who do you have 'free' banking with? Are internet transfers and incoming transfers free? If they are, then you should not pay any charges on your dealings with Rabo.

justsally said:
"free banking"

I'd suggest a quick call to the bank to get the full details of the "free banking".
Many suggest free banking as they have no base fees on the C/A. Things such as automated transfers etc can still carry handling fees. If you know the exact name/details of your account you should be able to figure it out from the T&Cs given online.

Merci monsieur, Thanks CC and Satanta........I have "free banking" with National Irish on a current account. So, before ringing them I'll check out the T & Cs to see what charges may be incurred for electronic transactions.

*curtesys* thanks

Back