Rabobank Internet Banking

mayoman2

Does anyone who has a rabobank account feel that the transferring of funds from you rabobank current account out to you other bank account is open to error.

By this I mean you could do a typing error and transfer the funds to someone else bank account. I know there is a second screen to confirm but I just feel if you use it alot, you may become complacent and make a typing error and hit confirm in the next screen automatically and send the cash to someone else account

I think you can setup a list of external accounts and use them as a template for transfers, to avoid keying errors. Most of the online banking systems allow this.

Ya very true, but rabobank don't allow this. I know other banks have it and is really handy, in that you set it up once, give it a name and then select the account from a drop down type menu for future transfers etc.

However, if you use their money mover you can search a previous transfer to your other account (if you have one done), but as far as I know you still put in the sort code and account details in for each transfer. Well that what I have been told by their customer service.

I don't think this is a great system!!

I do remember there was some kind of template option when I used it (a few weeks after they launched), but it may be limited to searching previous transactions, as you suggest.

I use Northern Rock now, and they allow you to setup a nominated account for external transfers. Much simpler system overall.

Has anyone gone to the trouble of pointing out the lack of this function to Rabo? They may well introduce it if they receive enough gentle suggestions.
Long run it may/will save their customer service hours of dealing with people who transferred to the wrong account.

MugsGame said:
I think you can setup a list of external accounts and use them as a template for transfers, to avoid keying errors. Most of the online banking systems allow this.

MugsGame is right. If you look at the menus on the left hand side of the screen when you're logged in to Rabo you'll see a "Payees" option. This lets you set up, view and store any number of accounts. It's been there since day 1 and is still there today.

mayoman2 said:
Does anyone who has a rabobank account feel that the transferring of funds from you rabobank current account out to you other bank account is open to error.

By this I mean you could do a typing error and transfer the funds to someone else bank account. I know there is a second screen to confirm but I just feel if you use it alot, you may become complacent and make a typing error and hit confirm in the next screen automatically and send the cash to someone else account
If you don't like this facility, then just don't use it.

Back