Rabo - A question or two.

i thought that the RaboDirect investment account would be a good place to start as it allows you invest a minimum of €100. How do people find this account? Any tips?
Their charges are not the most competitive. [broken link removed] 0.75% on entry and 0.75% on exit as well as an annual management fee of 0.7%-2%. Sometimes they discount charges on their "fund of the month". In contrast the likes of [broken link removed] charge no entry or exit charges and only an annual management charge of 1% to 1.5% (reducing after 15 years) and accept regular contributions of €51 or more. Of course Rabo's online trading service has the advantage of convenience, they offer a wider/differnt range of funds and you can make sporadic contributions when you like. On the other hand I think that with QL you can stop/start/vary regular contributions at will too - just not online.

Hi Sherib, I don't have my digipass with me at the moment to check on the interest.

On another note, I'd just like to add that I have found this website an enourmous help in sorting out my finances. I love reading all the tips and advice. I had a large number of debts three years ago, personal loan, credit card etc., and I have since paid these off and have a regular savings habit now.

Their charges are not the most competitive. [broken link removed] 0.75% on entry and 0.75% on exit as well as an annual management fee of 0.7%-2%. Sometimes they discount charges on their "fund of the month". In contrast the likes of [broken link removed] charge no entry or exit charges and only an annual management charge of 1% to 1.5% (reducing after 15 years) and accept regular contributions of €51 or more. Of course Rabo's online trading service has the advantage of convenience, they offer a wider/differnt range of funds and you can make sporadic contributions when you like. On the other hand I think that with QL you can stop/start/vary regular contributions at will too - just not online.

Thanks for the Quinn Life tip! I will definetly have a look. €51 minimum contribution sounds very reasonable to my poca!

Back