Rabbits ears

wigwam

Hi,

I bought one of those powered rabbits ears to pick up the Irish tv channels - rte1/2/tv3/tg4. However the reception is still not great.

Is there a way of putting the aerial up in the attic? Would the reception be better? How would I connect it to my tv (ground floor)? Any suggestions welcomed.

It may help to stick the rabit ears in the window.

Ideally an outside aerial is best, one in the attic will be better but there will be a loss of signal.

Have you tried moving the aerial around the room? I used a non-powered one some time ago, and, with a bit of trial and error, was able to get 3 channels crystal clear at a time. (If I wanted the 4th one, I had to adjust the aerial slightly, and suffer the loss of one of the others).

Is there a way of putting the aerial up in the attic? Would the reception be better? How would I connect it to my tv (ground floor)? Any suggestions welcomed.
That's the set-up I have. I ran a coax cable straight up from the sitting room to the attic, had to drill a hole in two ceilings and one floor. The cable is connected to the TV via a signal booster and I used a standard (not powered) rabbit's ears aerial in the attic - I wouldn't fancy leaving a plugged-in aerial in the attic. My reception is fine.

Last edited: