R Plates

oaky9

i passed my test on 2nd october and have received my full licence but do i have to display R Plates on my car for the next 2 year or does that only apply from midnight tomorrow to people who pass there tests.

waited about 3 months. failed three tests about 6 year ago and passed this time after 2 lessons so over the moon.

Is there a cut off date by which you can pass your test and not have to wear those R plates on your car ?

Has the R plate system actually been introduced yet - I thought it was planned to introduce it sometime before 2012?

new laws put back till june now . i think if u pass ur test u get a restricted licence for 2 years in which u have to display r plates . then u get ur pink full licence but its not confirmed but it will be june now before it arises again i'd say.

But if I passed my test before x mas would I still need the R plates afterwards?

we wont know till june now until the hoolabaloo rises again and the facts become clearer, the main thing is to pass the test i'd rather R plates than L plates anyday.. good luck.. and if u fail try again and succeed.