Quote for insulation, drylining, slabbing

lfcjfc

Got a quote for €8500 to do the following in a 2800sq ft dormer new build;

All labour only:
Dry line inside of external walls with thermoboard - upstairs and down
Fit Rafterloc to roof pitch
Thermoboard over rafters
Slab ceiling upstairs and downstairs
Bridging of internal walls to ceilings as required.

The guy came recommended through another tradesman so probably a decent quote but probably a bit more than I expected (not that I'm an expert!).
He reckons, its about 2 weeks work for 5 men.
Does this look to be in roughly the right ballpark?

Works out 170 euro per day per man, not sure lad to be honest. What does a chippie charge per day now 200-250 euro per day.

There is a hell of a lot of work involved.

Do u provide the Senco screws if they are using screw guns for the plasterboard, they are dear feckers per box. If not then I suppose for the amount of work it is decent money, but take 2 weeks for 5 men, hard to know, the euro per day rates seems ok, the fact it will take them 2 weeks I may question.

The slab the ceilings, if I am correct in thinking that it is ONLY ceilings and not dormers or walls, I would say that it would take probably take 3 days for 5 men who are used to slabbing, say very max 4 days.
The insulation of rafters and roof pitch again 2 days with 5 men should fly it.
Thats 5/6 days.

What exacltly are they doing with the EXT walls? Is it cavity?

Hi Yop.

They will slab the ceiling downstairs and upstairs as you say. But they are also quoting for thermoboarding the roof pitch over the rafter lock. We are lining the inside of the inner leaf of all external walls with thermoboard - there's a fair bit to do downstairs and also a bit of wall upstairs too because of the way the dormer was designed for optimum head-height. All other walls will be scratch-coated and finished - so no work for them there. The approx labour days that you refer to there are very useful and will help me so an estimate anyway

Thanks

They are only my estimate lad, I am not pro as regards this, just based it on our own house!!

Back