Quote for installing electric shower - opinions?

Don't see how the plumber could be looking for 150 Euro.
In any case any half decent Electrician should be able to put in a bit of half inch pipe. Worst case, get Plumber to connect therafter . Max 50 Euro for the Plumber.
To get a better idea of the price we need to know will the wall have to be chased?(stud or solid wall). How far is the shower point from the Board?Is it upstairs or down? And how easy will be to get a supply from the board?
No mater what nine hundred is a bit rich.

50 euro for a plumber to plumb a shower? Are ye havin a laugh?

As i said any electrician worth his salt should put a bit of pipe in. There should be no need for a Plumber. maybe 50 Euro to conect both ends after the pipe is in. A few Euro for the connections. NOTHING MORE.

why would a sparks put in a bit of pipe he quotes for electrical work,electrical insurance wont cover leaks.

Come on its a recession, be versatile. It wont break you to run a bit of pipe with the cable. Get your plumber to connect afterwards if you'd prefer. Keep the cost down.

im an electrician myself and i put in my own electric shower in the the main bathroom,already had 1 in the ensuite so i just put a non priority board in the attic,from the plumbing aspect i found this straight forward enough and if you are able and are confident enough you could plumb it youself,once you know what fittings are required its not to bad at all

Im a qualified plumber and i know that the esb are charging approx 880 euros to install a triton t90 i install them myself for approx 750 euro depending on what work is involved there are cheaper ways of installing the shower but it will look very unprofessional and from personal experiances of redoing work that people got done for cheap it can end up costing an awful lot more in the long run and the reason the price is that price is because real tradesmen have public liabillity insurance now if i was getting work done id like to know the person that is doing it has the means to pay for any damages done from perhaps the tank in the attic bursting or leaking or from fire damage from the incorrect size wire installed so the question you should be asking is do i take a risk with the cheap quotation or do i go with the actuall price of the installation and be able to sleep at night knowing everything is safe and sound

now that the market has softened a bit does anyone know what it would cost to install and electric shower over a bath in West Dublin. Does anyone know someone they would reccommend?

Hi lads and lassies,

Right, finally have all of my bits and bobs ready to go to re-do our bathroom. Mira Azora shower, new tiles, new bathscreen all bought and ready to be installed. So, the fun bit - got a quote for over 2k to remove old tiles from just around the bath (was the only area of the bathroom with tiles), fit the shower over the bath (no shower previously there), re-tile the whole bathroom including installing a tiled bath panel to the front of the bath. Put up new bathscreen. Have I just entered a parallel universe where even in a recession this is a reasonable price to do that job??

The guy says that ALL of the plasterboard in the bathroom (small-ish bathroom - typical for semi-d 3 bed house) has to be replaced. Plasterboard isn't that expensive is it?? He seems to have some massive problem with taking out the toilet and sink unit in order to tile.

Is that a crazy price or am I being too harsh?