Quote for fitting bathroom

R

rusty99

Hi hope someone can help, just had a quote for a refit of a bathroom and small ensuite, it was more than what i expected but i want a decent job.

Ensuite ---to replace shower enclosure and fit a electric shower, mains at the moment, fit vanity unit including sink and toilet. remove radiator and replace and reposition with chrome ladder radiator. one wall to be tiled above units and shower enclosure. floor tiled, new light fitted. everything in same position. quote £2200

Bathroom--- to replace bath with a whirpool bath fit vanity unit including toilet and sink remove radiator and reposition with a chrome ladder radiator. fit new light, tile walls approx 13 sqyds and floor about 4sqyds. and everything in same position. quote £2400. I supply all fittings

More than i expected, any comments please or can any one recomend anyone in the wakefield area. First time posted on here so thanks in advance

Re: Help!!! Quote for fitting bathroom

To completely refit our own en-suite, two different quotes came in between 14 and 15 grand, no joke 15,000 Euro! This includes...

- full de-tiling and re-tiling (1.5mt x 2.3 mt)
- new shower unit (nothing fancy, static side wall, new/overhead shower head, low profile shower tray)
- New toilet bowel
- New sink with tap and under mounted cabinet
- Extractor fan
- Towel rack/radiator to replace the rad that's there
- Over sink mirror unit with light
- Cost includes full fitting

Suffice it to say, I nearly fell over. I'm now looking to German internet sites for the raw materials (up to 30% cheaper, even with shipping!) such as sinks, fixtures & fittings, and I'll get each job done one at a time tackling the ones I can do myself (i.e., de-tiling)

This country has gone ga-ga for stuff like this!

Re: Help!!! Quote for fitting bathroom

I know its insane! If find a good website would pass the details on please?

Thanks

do these prices include the tiles and suites or is it just to do the work fitting & tiling?