Quote for brake pads/discs - Peugeot 307

Maggs065

Hi,

Would like to know what people think of the following quote:
  • front brake pads & discs - €193
  • back brake pads & discs - €280
Getting my car serviced at the moment and they rang me up saying brake pads/disc need to be replaced. Car is a 2005 Peugeot 307 with ~90,000 km on it.

Thanks,
Maggs

I would ring a motor factors and price them yourself. Also ask the garage are the genuine parts and make sure you price like with like. Then you can make a decision on it.
I think it sounds excessive myself but it has been a while since I had mine done (toyota corolla) but don't think I paid anywhere near that.
I got my car serviced few months ago at one of those atlas garages and they did a very good job. Very reasonable too.

Seems very expensive... you should definitely ring around... fastfit / advance pit stop - places like that do that type of work aswell... just give them a call & get a price...

Thanks for the info - will get details from garage.

Just rang the Peugeot dealer and they quoted me €610m and that included a 10% discount!

That sounds very steep to me.

I'm getting my rear disks/pads changed on my Peugeot 307 next week. I got Pagid Disks and Pagid Pads online delivered all in for €89 (Stg £76) and I guess it'll be an hours labour to fit them.

Perhaps get the parts yourself and go to a local independant garage and get them fitted.

I got a similar call from a Toyota dealer while it was being serviced, they wanted €165 to replace the rear brake pads. I said no and when I got the car home I checked them and the pads where only half worn. I got another year + before they needed replacing. I purchase good quality pads from the motor factors for €40 and the local garage fitted them for €20.