Quinnlite building blocks

Muffinb

Hi everyone, I am starting to build an extension to the back of the house. I was interested in seeing if anyone has used the above blocks. They are 10 times more insulatory and 1/3 of the weight of a normal concrete block. I am not affiliated to the company but just wonder are they too good to be true. A little bit more expensive and delivery is dependant of having a full load on a 40ft trailer so might have to wait a bit.

Any one used them, do they need any special plastering or insulation etc and can any bricklayer use them. Basically are the exactly the same to use as normal concrete blocks!

Any info appreciated, I see a thread further down about some block that sound similiar bu never heard of those ones.

THanks in advance
Muffin

from what i hear they are used a lot thrughout the uk maybe not quinns but similar a plasterer told me they are a nightmare to plaster and that he puts a laminate board over the internal walls which tey are used on,also i heard they are prone to showing hairline cracks.i,m no expert so do some more research but i hope this helps

If you have foundation weight issues use them if not dont really see why you would, you will have to insulate anyway. they are expensive and are not great. they are a disaster to plaster, drill, or hang anything out off. They are really only suitable for projects that need to lighten the weight of a building.