quinn-life funds?

thebos09

just wondering if anyone has invested in the quinn life freeway funds.

there seems to be a good range of funds on offer and the fees charged are quite reasonable

Any thoughts?

Can't say anything about quinn, but check out www.keytradebank.com, I think they charge €9.95 entry fee per investment regardless of amount, and there is no exit fee. They offer a couple of hundred funds so there are more to choose from.

I have no affiliation to Keytrade, except for being a customer.

HI,

I opened a Freeway fund account in August last year and it's working out quite well so far.
I averaged in over the months and my returns have been quite satisfactory so far.
I have confidence to leave these funds in the Freeway product and I will add more to them over time.

I have been in and out of them over the last 2 years and found them average. They seem to lose value fast in sinking markets and grow very slowly in rising markets. I recently cashed out an 8.3% gain over 13 months. Prior to that I was sitting on a 12 month 15% gain which turned to a 20% loss in about 3 months which hurt a lot. I was basically using it as a regular savings account for €200/month and hoping to make 10% on it. Overall in 3 years I am down. If I had been in 5 years I would be up. I would still be of the opinion that it would be beneficial to keep a small amount of my portfolio with them - maybe 10%.

I hope I'm communicating my question correctly. I wonder is there any extra taxes to pay on keytrade funds ? Quinn, Standard Life insurance policies etc being ''regulated'' in Ireland according to my understanding would have a flat tax on profits after which no further taxes e.g income tax would have to be paid but would be a keytrade investment be the same as a non resident investment fund and be subject to extra income/capital taxes on profits ?