quinn life: funds -.13 drop yesterday

SS expert

Hi All,

I was just on the quinn life website and noticed a lot of the funds dropped by -0.13, it seems a bit more than coincidence.

[broken link removed]

Anyone know the reason?

have been thinking about this.

I have a possible cause...
Perhaps it was a currency change????

God you nearly gave me a heart atttack .:eek:
From the thread title I thought you were saying my Quinn Life fund had dropped 13% today :eek:

Havent bothered crunching the numbers or indeed verifiying the story but if it happened in one day across all funds then it cant be charges as charges are not the same across all funds but it could be due to the strength/weakness of the euro which all the funds are valued in or else an accounting adjustment ?

I'm guessing it's currency.

The US was closed Wesnesday, so many dollar denominated indices will not have changed. So currency change + a days worth of annual charges probably add up to -0.13%

I'm guessing it's currency.

The US was closed Wesnesday, so many dollar denominated indices will not have changed. So currency change + a days worth of annual charges probably add up to -0.13%

I dont think they have charges on a day to day basis...

The annual charge is reflected in the unit price on a daily basis.

and as I said before , charges are not all the same for all funds so the drop wouldnt be the same value of .13 if charges were the culprit.

I was just making the point that charges are reflected in the price daily (to correct what was said above)-I did not speculate on what was causing a uniform fall across the board.

I was just making the point that charges are reflected in the price daily (to correct what was said above)-I did not speculate on what was causing a uniform fall across the board.

I just used your quote to highlight my comment about charges :)

Back