quiet toilets

johnnyg

just a question that i was wondering about when purchasing toilets...is there such a thing as a quite toilet, as regards the noise it makes during the flush and refill....have come across some very load ones and just wondering if asked sales person, would they know or is this a silly question?

Re: quite toilets

No mate! This is a very valid question, I recently replaced a noisy ball cock in a WC cistern with a "Fluidmaster" float valve. They're not cheap, about €20 odd, but it's virtually silent and you can adjust the amount of water the cistern takes on after each flush- which might be of interest if you are green minded and want to conserve some water. I bought it at a local independent plumbers merchant. They're a great idea in an ensuite bathroom.

thanks carpenter...will definitely look up, but i'm in the process of buying for new house....is it just easier to buy and replace ball cock afterwards or do certain toilets come with this already fitted...seen some very expensive toilets and was wondering what is the differencs between a toilet and cistern for 100 euro's and one for 400 apart from appearance/brand.

also is there a difference between the distance of the cistern from the toilet, i was told that the closer they are the better..would that be correct.

‘Noisy’ toilets are generally caused by the water spraying into the cistern when the ballcock is depressed. Simply attach a plastic tube or similar to the input valve and put the bottom of the tube below the water level. Result: no noise. Some cisterns (generally continental ones) come with this already fitted.

Is there a special tube which will fit this connection?

Back