Quiet Meeting Place

Irldigi

Hi,

As I don't frequent the city centre very often I'm looking for a recommendation here.

I am due to meet some friends next week and it has been agreed that we will meet in City Centre as we travel from a few different directions. Can anyone recommend a place where we can have a few drinks, maybe some snack food and will be suitable for 4-5 people to engage in discussion ?

Thanks,

D

If you travel to UCD at Belfield you will be able to use the free parking facilities that are available there. There are also a number of restaurants/coffee shops and 3 bars for a quiet drink now that most of the students are on holiday. If you need to go in to town hop on a number 10 bus that has its terminus there.
Parking in Dublin is a nightmare, however if you need to meet up in town why not head for the IFSC ( Irish Financial Services Centre) that is close to Busaras and Connolly station and a Luas ride from Heuston station. Lots of restaurants/coffee shops etc. Nice for a stroll also.

WaterWater said:
Parking in Dublin is a nightmare, however if you need to meet up in town why not head for the IFSC ( Irish Financial Services Centre) that is close to Busaras and Connolly station and a Luas ride from Heuston station. Lots of restaurants/coffee shops etc. Nice for a stroll also.

Most if not all of the coffee shops close in the late afternoon though - they're there purely for office trade. There's also the Clarion Hotel, you can get food served in the lobby area too.

I like Pravda, near the Ha'Penny Bridge, it's usually quiet enough to talk but has some background music too and they do nice enough food (somewhat limited menu tho).

Hi there,

I would also recommend the westin or maybe the westbury both are very near grafton st.

casiopea.

Thanks for all the responses, some good suggestions there. Actually meeting will be at about 8.00pm in the evening, is Pravda still Ok at that time ?

Cheers

The Central Hotel just off Georges Street is a great place to meet. Upstairs they have a bar with big comfortable chairs and couches.

The Market Bar off Georges street is pretty good for that -other than the usual Weekend nights

I was going to suggest the Market Bar too. It has good food and no music blaring, so its good to chat!

What about Bono's Hotel, the Clarence? On south quays and ~ five minutes walk from O'Connell Bridge. Very comfortable and spacious. Not busy in evenings. Street parking on quays is possible in evenings or if not at Houston Station or Irish Life in Abbey Street.

Lunch time food is a cut above average and reasonable but not sure about evenings. If not, Parliament Street is around the corner with loads of eateries/bars. The Gresham on O'Connell Street is OK too but probably noisier than Clarence. It really depends on your priorities - you're spoiled for choice!

Back