Quiet, happy dog looking for a foster home in August

miselemeas

Hi all. Hope somebody can help. I am looking for some kind person to take a dog into their home for two weeks in August. Does anyone have recommendations? I know there are plenty of kennels and dog walkers but we normally leave him with friends, who happen to be away when we are. The dog is 14 yrs old and a real family pet (small mongrel). We live in the Dublin 16 area.

Last edited:
Thanks for that suggestion but I have already been there - any of those I contacted will only call to the dog's home twice a day, take him for walks, or otherwise they are boarding kennels. I am looking for someone to take him into their home - "a home from home" as it were

Hi there, there is a pet sitter advertises in Waterford, don't know if that is too far to travel, but I 've heard great recommendations about her, her number is 086 3463377

Would you really just hand over your dog to total strangers? I find that a bit odd.

Presumably the original poster would ascertain to their own satisfaction (face to face) that any prospective minders would be trustworthy, bona fide and (in their own words) "kind".

Presumably the original poster would ascertain to their own satisfaction (face to face) that any prospective minders would be trustworthy, bona fide and (in their own words) "kind".

Yes of course - goes without saying - thanx Clubman

[broken link removed]

Keep in mind that their website states "inspection by appointment". I've been to kennels where you can just drop in at almost any time. I normally have family that look after my dog but if they didn't I think I would choose a good boarding service. Most should be very clean and have 24 hour access to a vet.

Last edited:
Sorry should have mentioned that the lady in waterford minds the dogs in her own home, its not like normal kennells. Might be worth the train journey down ?

Sorry should have mentioned that the lady in waterford minds the dogs in her own home, its not like normal kennells. Might be worth the train journey down ?

Worth thinking about if all else fails - I have sent out feelers in several directions to friends and family and am hoping something will turn up. Appreciate your suggestion

Yes, I agree, it should be accessible without making a formal appointment - I don't even know if kennels are regulated, as I have never been in this position before (dog now 14 yrs). Unless I have no other option I will have to go that route but would rather not. Can't take him with us unfortunately.

Hi
I actually thought that Cindy's home boarding service was meantioned in that link.
You can find the details at the end of this article
http://newsweaver.co.uk/nw_uk/e_article000267653.cfm?x=b11,0

Hi
I actually thought that Cindy's home boarding service was meantioned in that link.
You can find the details at the end of this article
http://newsweaver.co.uk/nw_uk/e_article000267653.cfm?x=b11,0
You're a star. I rang the lady - her daughter Tara Choules is co-founder of DogTrainingIreland and she has loads of credentials. Sounds like a pet and a real animal lover. Lives in Blanchardstown so I will make an appt to bring the mutt over to meet her and have a chat. Thanks a mill, I really appreciate all the replies

Ha ha Staples but laugh you not for long - when I phoned the lady she told me she doesn't approve of kennels because the dogs don't have anyone to talk to! Wuff!