Quiet & Cosy Pub Dublin City Centre

cavanman2015

Can anyone suggest a good place to meet someone for a cosy drink, get a seat on a wednesday or thursday night and chat (where you can hear yourself think!) in Dublin City Centre. Friend lives in Patrick St area so was thinking some where around Dame St ? Thanks in advance!

Second the Library bar - or maybe Nearys on Chatham street? Though no guarantee of a seat!

The Palace on Fleet St. - they don't have a TV or piped music.
Hughes - Chancery St - no TV or piped music (though they do have trad music at weekends)
The Long Hall on Georges St.

Gosh thanks for all the suggestions obviously AAM contributers are well versed on cosy dublin pubs!!

Reads like a decent pub crawl if anyone is free tomorrow?!
I've a mild hearing problem, and some great suggestions above where I don't have to ask people to shout at me! Failing that, I've found a lot of the hotel bars around town to be good from a noise perspective, but might not be as cosy (or serve as nice a Guinness).

Those pubs remind me of the days I lived in Dublin. We have a selection of decent pubs in Cork, but they don't hold a candle to those in the Big Shmoke! Is there a better feeling than nabbing the snug in Doheny & Nesbitt's on a Friday afternoon?

Back