quickpark.ie

lfcjfc

Has anybody used this service recently? anybody know what is going on with their website?

A few weeks ago their site was apologising for the unavailability of online booking - now it says that the booking service is only available 2pm-4pm Monday - Saturday!

I will be parking for 11 days at the end of Jun - should I have any worries about turning up on the day and not being able to get longterm parking somewhere near the airport?

I also saw somebody else's recommendation of Broadmeadow country house on this site where they allow you to park for up to 3 weeks if you stay for one night. This place looks good - has anybody else stayed here?

Thanks

Quickpark's service has gone to the dogs. I was away a couple of weeks ago. Their site said that there would be parking available on a Tuesday and Wednesday but when I turned up there was nothing. To be fair I don't think that they can anticipate the demand. They should either only sell online or scrap the online service and let customers take pot luck but it seems they can't do both.

I've used it once or twice but the car park tends to be full more often than not and I end up having to use the DAA car park - at a significant premium, but I've never been left without a space. Seems like Quickpark is a victim of it's own success.

I have no experience of Broadmeadow country house.

I used it two weeks ago. The inability to book a place led me to get there early enough to use the Aer Rianta one if quickpark couldn't offer me a place.

I queued for 15 minutes at the barrier and then got a place at the far end. The bus pickup was near and we were off to the aiport without any further delay. One gripe is that the car park surface is rough so if your luggage has wheels, it can be tricky.

On the return trip, the service was OK. At the airport, the driver waited for the next bus to arrive before departing even though his bus was full.

When it was time to pay I expected to pay €5 x3 = €15.00 but was asked for €11 instead. I assume Aer Rianta would have charged me €8.50 x3 = €25.50 for the same duration.

I will use it again.

lfcjfc said:
I will be parking for 11 days at the end of Jun - should I have any worries about turning up on the day and not being able to get longterm parking somewhere near the airport?

Depends. I think they say on their site that Monday-Wednesday is generally ok.

Wednesday wasn't ok in April. I'm hoping to book a spot today for the end of June. A couple of weeks ago it was full on a Saturday (understandable) but parking in the DAA carpark was a nightmare. Took ages to find a spot and the bus was took so long arriving that we almost missed our flight despite having left the house 3 hours before the flight - we live 14 mins from the airport.

Cahir said:
Took ages to find a spot and the bus was took so long arriving that we almost missed our flight despite having left the house 3 hours before the flight - we live 14 mins from the airport.

Would a taxi not be much cheaper/easier/less stressful? I live close to the airport also and would not consider parking there given the ease of use of taxis...no time wasted finding a parking spot and not being ripped off by DAA's parking charges

For me, Quickpark usually works out cheaper than a taxi even though I live very near the airport.

SOM42 said:
Would a taxi not be much cheaper/easier/less stressful? I live close to the airport also and would not consider parking there given the ease of use of taxis...no time wasted finding a parking spot and not being ripped off by DAA's parking charges

The last time I got a taxi to the airport it was €36 each way so quickpark is way cheaper.

Tried to book between 2 & 4 today but now the website says it's not taking online or phone bookings so just turn up and if it's open they'll let you in!

I tried too and got the same thing. Looks like it's a case of turn up on the day and take your chances.
Leave enough time to try Quickpark, then Aer Rianta long term followed by AR medium/short-term in the worst case. At least according to some of the posters here, AR sometimes allow you to park in the medium/short tem for long term rates if the long term is full.