Quickpark -Are they going to charge stranded customers?

SoylentGreen

Does anyone know if Quickpark are charging the full amount to people who had their cars stranded because of Volcano?

I took a wrong turn looking for their carpark a few weeks ago. I then 11811'ed their number but there was no answer. Not even an answering machine.

Thank heavens for friendly northsiders.

Do you mean those who offer good services and charge for them, or ones that offer free services?

I was listening to Matt Cooper during the week and he was speaking to someone from Dublin Airport - who advised that people would only be charged for their intended stay in the carpark i.e if you had prebooked to stay 3 nights - that is what you would pay.

Anyone any other experiences with Quickpark and the ash crisis? I had two flights cancelled last week for what was supposed to be a day trip so couldn't use my parking that I had pre-paid. Couldn't get through to Quickpark on the phone so sent them an email but no reply a week later.

I was listening to Matt Cooper during the week and he was speaking to someone from Dublin Airport - who advised that people would only be charged for their intended stay in the carpark i.e if you had prebooked to stay 3 nights - that is what you would pay.

This is certainly true of the DAA - the red and blue car parks. We were delayed a day in collecting our car because of a cancelled flight due to the ash cloud. On leaving the car park, we spoke to the guy at the exit gate, explained our situation, and he was understanding and very pleasant, and lifted the barrier for us. No extra charge. Cheers for DAA on this one.

Money was refunded to my account :) Mind you an email to tell me they were doing so would have been nice!

Back