Quickest/Best ways to improve credit rating?

ivorystraws

Regarding personal credit ratings, I realise that The Credit Bureau will show an adverse rating until 5 years after the last debt is cleared but I'd like to get some feedback on people's experiences on the best/quickest way to approach the Irish Credit Bureau with regards to improving/appealing or clearing their respective credit rating?
I know that building a good long-term payment profile will help when looking for credit in the future but what other ways are there if any?

Thanks.

ICB cannot change your credit report unless a lender requests it to do so in writing, so it would be the lender that you would approach - not ICB.

There is no way around the 5 year listing on the ICB. Generally member institutions who subscribe to the ICB will notify them of any payments made to clear the debt, however will ICB will not change the credit report.

Thanks for the responses Papercut and Blackberry. I know you are technically correct. However, isn't the ICB's search results based on the details you provide i.e. name, maiden name, former addresses etc? If it's purely based on them details that the applicant provides and the applicant knows this, it would seem to me that there are a few ways to circumvent the resulting rating. I'm not defending those tactics employed by applicants but they do circumvent the process.

Back