Quickbooks Users & New Subcontractor VAT rules

Pia Bang

Is anyone using Quickbooks & the new subcontractor VAT rules?

Just wondering if you are making manual adjustments to allow for VAT for subcontractors or if you have set up a reverse charge VAT code? I spent about 90 mins on to QB support but they didn't seem to understand what I wanted to do.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Pia Bang

Last edited:
Hi Pia Bang
I'm using Sage Apex and I set up a new VAT Code at Zero and will manually adjust the return to add the VAT amount to the T1 and T2 amounts. This is the same method I use for Intra-Eu acquisitions.
Hope this helps

Would you not think of using Irish software written in Ireland for the Irish?

Isn't Quickbooks an Irish company?? As for Apex, it used to be. I've been using it since it was being sold out of a small office in Dun Laoghaire. Mind you, it was monstrously unstable back in the day, but much more reliable now. I wouldn't use anything else because I know the package inside out and upside down!

Thanks Headache, I think I have it sorted now but it's a bit of a roundabout way of doing it - Raising an invoice & a bill to capture the manual adjustments and then a journal to counteract them.

QB was in the company longer than me, I think I'd be asked to leave if I suggested changing!