Quickbooks Users & New Subcontractor VAT rules

Pia Bang

Is anyone using Quickbooks & the new subcontractor VAT rules?

Just wondering if you are making manual adjustments to allow for VAT for subcontractors or if you have set up a reverse charge VAT code? I spent about 90 mins on to QB support but they didn't seem to understand what I wanted to do.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Pia Bang

Last edited:
Hi Pia Bang
I'm using Sage Apex and I set up a new VAT Code at Zero and will manually adjust the return to add the VAT amount to the T1 and T2 amounts. This is the same method I use for Intra-Eu acquisitions.
Hope this helps

Would you not think of using Irish software written in Ireland for the Irish?:rolleyes:

Isn't Quickbooks an Irish company?? As for Apex, it used to be. I've been using it since it was being sold out of a small office in Dun Laoghaire. Mind you, it was monstrously unstable back in the day, but much more reliable now. I wouldn't use anything else because I know the package inside out and upside down!

Thanks Headache, I think I have it sorted now but it's a bit of a roundabout way of doing it - Raising an invoice & a bill to capture the manual adjustments and then a journal to counteract them.

QB was in the company longer than me, I think I'd be asked to leave if I suggested changing!

Back