Questions about buying in Cork

NewUser

Hi All,

I need your expert opinions here please, ok, cancel that, any opinion will do! :)

I want to buy in Cork County. Im looking into areas such as Killeagh, Midleton, Macroom etc.

The houses are asking for about 170 - 190K for a 3 bed semi D. How much realistically can I bargain down on these?
I'm new to this so your opinions are greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Midleton would be more resellable to me , the train comes to that town . You might det them down 10%

I am from Macroom but no longer live there. It is a nice small town about 24 miles from Cork City. I'd imagine you would get good value there as many houses built over the last number of years which ere never sold. If you have any questions in particular about it PM me.

I've heard that some new houses in Macroom have been seriously discounted. Check www.daft.ie and then contact a few local estate agents.

I'd have to agree with Bertie, in that access from Midleton would be easier. Part of the Cork Macroom road isn't great and certainly not conducive to overtaking. You have motorway and a new train connection from Midleton. I presume there's good value there also.

But it'll be a personal choice for you. Good luck.

Back