question regarding '04 reno scenic

kiwifruit

Howdy, I went ahead and got a renault after a lifetime of jap cars. I have a query about the scenics though, As the dash etc is basically all electrics Im wondering can I jump-start this car without it affecting fuses/electrics? Im touching wood at the minute,hoping I will never be in this situation but as I looked under the hood,its not the normal battery that im used to seeing. Its completely covered and has plenty of extra cables coming from it.So if anyone has the answer to this I would love to hear it,
Cheers.

Howdy, I went ahead and got a renault after a lifetime of jap cars. ...
A thrill-seeker, bored with reliability and excellence in automotive engineering or just looking for excitement?

... its not the normal battery that im used to seeing. Its completely covered and has plenty of extra cables coming from it.So if anyone has the answer to this I would love to hear it,
Cheers.

If you need to jump-start it, you'll have to remove the plastic battery-cover; there should be tabs at the edges of the cover. You'll see fuses and a bunch of big cables in there as well.

Maybe invest in one of those self-contained booster / starter things. Once you make the right connections, red to red, black to earth-point you should be OK.

1/. Do not jump start any car fitted with a catalytic convertor.
2/. You can start a car with an external battery, without issues.

Renault Scenic may well break your heart, and wallet.

Renault Scenic may well break your heart, and wallet.
Yup! Had one and all 4 ignition coils went within a few months of each other. 80 euro each!
Re: using jump leads, i wouldn't worry. Just make sure you connect the donor battery correctly!

ollie