Question re withdrawing money while abroad from credit card

whatsmoney

Hi
I have a bogstandard visa credit card from AIB.
Normally when I travel abroad I top up my credit card before i go and withdraw 'my own money' from it via an ATM machine when i need money while abroad. THis way, i avoid paying the cash advance fee that would otherwise be charged if my account was not in credit.
However, I was wondering if I am charged any other type of commission on this transaction. I have tried to find in the fees/charges booklet but it does not state what the case is when the card is in credit.
Can anyone help with this question?
Thanks

However, I was wondering if I am charged any other type of commission on this transaction.
For non € transactions you will be charged a foreign exchange margin as set by your card provider - normally 1.75% or more. See www.itsyourmoney.ie for details of forex margins on CCs. For € transactions you might be better off just using your normal bank/ATM card since the same charges apply abroad as at home (ideally nothing if you have free banking as most people really should these days). In some cases some foreign ATMs may charge an additional fee but this should be stated on the machine and if it is then just look for one that does not charge.