Question re Ryan Air booking

Vanilla

Just booked some flights for my dad- he will be travelling with just one carry on bag so I clicked the no-check in - or 0 bags- and it added on a €3.00 priority boarding fee. What is this?

Also I see below about getting a boarding card on-line- how do I do this?

Actually I entered my own e-mail address for the notification e-mail and the flights were bought this am but I still havent received the email - should they have come by now?

Yes your e-ticket should of arrived now. It usually arrives within minutes of processing your card details. If you don't receive the e-ticket soon I would contact ryanair directly just to make sure there are no problems: 0818 30 30 30 Customer Support that is charged at the national rate.

online Check in & Priority Boarding: You can check in online from 2 days before the scheduled flight. You can print off the boarding card and go straight to the departure gate at the airport. With the priority boarding you get to choose your seats before other passengers who do not have this - however there is still a mad dash from the gate to the plane to get the best seats.

See [broken link removed]

Actually I entered my own e-mail address for the notification e-mail and the flights were bought this am but I still havent received the email - should they have come by now?
I have only used Ryanair once in the last few years and on that ocassion the confirmation e-mail didn't arrive until the next day - no idea how typical that is though.

I booked a holiday over a month ago to Carcassonne with Ryanair. To date I have received no email confirmation like I normally do. However when I check my status it says booking "confirmed". I have since booked another flight with them and received the email almost immediately.

That priority booking fee is optional. The Ryan Air online booking system just defaults to it in order to fool customers into thinking they have to pay it.

Just booked some flights for my dad- he will be travelling with just one carry on bag so I clicked the no-check in - or 0 bags- and it added on a €3.00 priority boarding fee. What is this?

I heard something about this on the radio. AFAIK, there is some way of avoiding this priority charge that they explained on the radio, but, sorry, can't remember....maybe another poster does?

The zero cost option is the last option on the dropdown menu AFAIR-there is no trick to it.

Yes, when you click "no check in" bags, it automatically chooses priority boarding for you.

Just below this box there is some text, where it gives you the option to remove priority boarding, and thus this extra fee.

It's not very intuitive, to trick people into paying for priority boarding they might not want.

Oops, will have to confess to Dad I made a mistake. Didn't see the no charge option. Thanks for all your help.

Oops, will have to confess to Dad I made a mistake. Didn't see the no charge option. Thanks for all your help.

for the sake of €3 it will give your dad the option of getting on the plane with the first lot of passengers so he can get his seat at his ease.

for the sake of €3 it will give your dad the option of getting on the plane with the first lot of passengers so he can get his seat at his ease.
But sometimes all you get for your €3 is to be first onto the bus that brings you and all the non pirority people out to the plane.

There is currently a notice on Ryanairs homepage regarding problems with confirmation emails.

The last time I booked tickets with Ryanair I didn't get the confirmation email. I rang them and they confirmed the booking was made and advised that they are currently undergoing some problems with the confirmation email. It arrived about two days after booking which was fine for me as I wasn't flying until the following week.

Your Dad can travel with just the booking number but there may not be a record of the priority check in fee without the confirmation email.

I still haven't received the e-mail, I checked the Ryan Air website and it appears to say that the confirmation emails are running 6 hours late but I still should have received it by now. Still it's not an emergency since I printed off each flight booking when I received the appropriate page on screen so I have all that anyway.

As for refunding my Dad the €3.00, hmmm, I'll think about it. Or I might just waive my legal fee for this. LOL.