SISSOKO

Good morning everyone

I am going to purchase a new home cinema system shortly and one of
the features i want is to be able to put the sound from the tv channel
i am watching through the system.

My question is do all systems have this feature or only the higher spec'd
higher priced versions and is there a specific input/output i should be
looking for on my tv and the system itself to make this happen

Thanks in advance to the techies out there...........

If you have Sky, you can connect the Sky box to the receiver of your home cinema system using an optical cable. This will give you surround sound from your TV.

re sky
please be aware that not all broadcasts are in surround sound. In fact, the vast majority are not - barring the movie channels

I also have a similar problem. I have a Samsung television, sky box and ps3 and want surround sound. However, wen i went to buy the Samsung home cinema system, they wanted me to buy a blu ray player. They said it was not possible to connect the sub woofer and speakers to my tele without it. I want surround sound on my tele, not jut on dvds. Any solutions????????

Sky only broadcast surround sound on some channels - Sky movies for example - so you can't have surround sound if it isn't broadcast.

I'd be betting that they're wrong on that one, but without model numbers and details of the I/Os, can't say for sure.

You're probably aware, but you already have a blue ray player in the PS3.

You want to feed the sky box and PS3 into the cinema system.
Leo

Good morning everyone

I am going to purchase a new home cinema system shortly and one of
the features i want is to be able to put the sound from the tv channel
i am watching through the system.

I presume you want proper surround sound. Have a look on your cable box (is it Sky or NTL?) and see if it has an Optical Out port.

You'll want to make sure the home cinema system you buy has _at least_ one Optical In (preferably more if you can since you might want to hook up the audio output of other gadgets such as consoles at a later time).

Connect the former to the latter with a fibre optic cable and hey presto.