Question on Regular Savings Rates

zod

having read the thread on "Best Buys-Regular Savings Rates" am I right in saying that First Active is only one offering

greater than 7 % for at least €1000 / month that does not expire ( has no end date for the rate )

That being the case whats the next best one for a good interest rate for at least 1000 / month with NO expiry date ?

thanks in advance

does not expire ( has no end date for the rate )

Why do you believe that the rate will never change? First Active don't give any guarantees on this rate remaining @ 7.15%.

Quote from the FA website RE: Reg Savings Acc: * This is a variable rate and may change

Anglo offer the best rate @ 8% & allow max monthly lodgment of €1k

Why do you believe that the rate will never change? First Active don't give any guarantees on this rate remaining @ 7.15%.

Why do you believe that I think it will ?

The account does not have an explicit expiry date though and the rate could even go up! (however unlikely)

Anglo offer the best rate @ 8% & allow max monthly lodgment of €1k

great, for explicitly one year though.

Back to the floor

Having dealt with First Active in the past, my money would be on them decreasing the rate sooner rather than later... There's a reason that there's no end date on the rate: to make you think that it may be in place for longer than e.g. the year that others are promising. From personal experience, I would not expect their rates to last as long or longer than others on offer. That's not to say that you shouldn't put money in there, but stay completely on top of the rate and any rate changes. Do not assume that it will still be there after the other banks' rates expire.

Sprite

Back