Question on 5km distance 18 may onwards /hardware store

johnwilliams

Guys the 5km distance is still active after may 18? Question hardware store .say b+q is open at that point. but is further than 5km ,are we allowed go there .where do I stand confused

The 5 kms limit only applies to the below two reasons:
  • to engage in physical exercise within 5 kilometres of the home, adhering to strict 2 metre social distancing
  • to meet with friends or family within 5 kilometres in groups of no more than four, adhering to strict 2 metre social distancing
It doesn't apply to shopping visits e.g. if your closest hardware store is 20 kms away it does not apply.
Although if you have a hardware store within 5 kms and you are looking to visit one further than that, you may get a hard time if stopped at a checkpoint (based on anecdotal info).

The 5 kms limit only applies to the below two reasons:
  • to engage in physical exercise within 5 kilometres of the home, adhering to strict 2 metre social distancing
  • to meet with friends or family within 5 kilometres in groups of no more than four, adhering to strict 2 metre social distancing
It doesn't apply to shopping visits e.g. if your closest hardware store is 20 kms away it does not apply.
Although if you have a hardware store within 5 kms and you are looking to visit one further than that, you may get a hard time

Thanks local one does not have what I need as usual .wiil see if I can do it another way

Last edited by a moderator:
If the local doesn't have a specific item then you should be ok to to B&Q, be helpful if you have the B&Q page open on your phone \ printout with the item.
(as long as it's a specifically hardware item)

Back