[Question] Best strategy to allocate my savings in ETFs

lukesfinops

Hello community,

After lots of reading, I've decided to allocate my savings in ETF's, and would like your opinion.

I'm 25y, with regular secure income, and have 5 months of emergency fund. Currently, I want to invest 25K EUR from my savings in ETFs (88% IWDA / 12% EMIM). However, I'm not sure if I should take the 'advantage' of the lower market price due to the COVID19 and invest all at once, or if I should do it progressively, e.g 2k/month + my monthly savings. Am I trying to time the market? How would you do? Really appreciate your opinion.

Yes, delaying investment is a form of market timing.

Make sure you understand the tax consequences of investing in ETFs before you pull the trigger.

Hello community,

After lots of reading, I've decided to allocate my savings in ETF's, and would like your opinion.

I'm 25y, with regular secure income, and have 5 months of emergency fund. Currently, I want to invest 25K EUR from my savings in ETFs (88% IWDA / 12% EMIM). However, I'm not sure if I should take the 'advantage' of the lower market price due to the COVID19 and invest all at once, or if I should do it progressively, e.g 2k/month + my monthly savings. Am I trying to time the market? How would you do? Really appreciate your opinion.

As the other poster advised do make sure you delve into the tax consequences before you invest. It is very easy to get all excited by the potential, do the right thing, invest and then wham!!!! you are reminded that we live in a high tax hellhole.

The Irish state, banana republic that it is, has a policy to actively discourage any sensible long term investments strategy that is not in bricks and mortar.

By all means, invest but as I think its Sarenco says, really make sure you know the penalties before you go after the opportunities.

Hello community,

Hi there,
what did you decide to do in the end? Could have made some money but would have been very risky as well

Back