Question about who can check your icb report

blinkbelle

hi, im just wondering who can check your icb report? I was on there website and it gives a list eg boi.aib,mbna etc. It also has a couple of credit unions on it. If you are with a credit union that is not on that list would that credit union check your icb if applying for a loan?

Also another question if someone could help me my mortgage is not coming up on my icb report? I just got it the other day to see what was on it. All it shows is my credit card. Surely my mortgage should be on it or is this seperate?

hi some banks take a few years to register it, I bought in 2004 same time as my cousins we were both getting checks done last year and my mortgage showed theirs didn't it was because their bank hadn't registered some paper work yet (Ulster Bank) I was with first active, don't think its a huge problem?

Afaik financial institutions have to be members of ICB to access ICB records. It has been said on here before that, for what ever reason, financial institutions that are members of ICB don't always record all loans with the ICB. The one time I did check my ICB record I found it to be very incomplete..

Ive a mortgage for nearly 20 years and its never shown up on my ICB report!
R

One reason I've noticed for things not showing up on the ICB report is your exact address and Your exact name. For example I had a credit card with Ulster Bank for a few years, did a check with the ICB and it showed up. I since got another credit card with AIB. I did an ICB check and only the AIB card showed up. Afterchecking the original request against the most recent I realised I had given a different address to Ulster bank compared to AIB (I had changed home). Apparently the 2 had not been linked together, and therefore the ICB had no way of knowing that I was the same "Leginos". This may have been unusual in my case as I had a 0.00 balance with Ulster Bank and they weren't issuing statements for zero balances then (This highlighted the fact they had my old address which has since been rectified and I get a statement all the time now).

But I still reckon a personal loan may have worked the same way. For example if I got the loan while i was living with my parents, and then changed address and not informed the bank (statements etc would have gone out to my parent's address and I'd still have collected them), and then took out a new loan with some other provider with my new address, then they would probably not have put the two together. How would they realise that the Leginos living in Clondalkin was the same Leginos who now lived in Dundrum (for example), unless I told one of the banks? Like I said I could easily be wrong but it kinda makes sense.

My brother had the same thing happen when he started using the Irish version of his name a few years back. Also, his home has a house name and a house number which he uses interchangeably. For example,

Leginos Jnr, 1 the Park Rd, Someplace, Some County on ESB Bill
and
Leginos Jnr as Gaeilge, The Brambles, Park Road, Someplace, Some County on NTL Bill.
So when he was opening a bank account his address with the bank depended on which utility bill he gave them!

It would be interesting to find out how fuzzy their address search parameters are. I am sure that there are plenty of cases where people have perhaps used very subtly different addresses for the same place e.g.
Someplace Park , Some Road, Some Town
Some Place Park, Some Road, Some Town
Someplace Pk, Some Town

with different institutions and while the postie might be smart and fuzzy enough to see them as exactly the same place their search might be more exacting.

In answer to your question, most lenders have access to the ICB reports.

however, they can only access it when you sign a declaration authorising them to do so.

Back