Question about Smart Broadband Package

kilteragh

Thinking seriously about getting the wireless package from Smart. It is currently available in my area.

I know that Smart take over the line rental from Eircom which is fine. My questions is about the call handling. I currently use BT and would like to stay with them. If I sign up to Smart for the Broadband and line rental deal do I have to pay them for calls as well? I couldn't see anything explicit about this in their T's and C's or anywhere. If the answer is yes is there a minimum contract to keep the calls with them e.g. after 12 months keep line rental and broadband with Smart but move calls elsewhere?

I switched over to smart, it's more than changing over the line rental, the line changes (at least at the exchange end). You'll end up with a smart line and a new phone no.
I moved for the broadband, not a heavy caller, but I'd imagine you have to stay with them for a min of 12 mths.

Also - if you're not currently with eircom then you have to terminate your phone/broadband service agreement with your current provider (e.g. we're with UTV), go back to eircom temporarily and then switch over to Smart (and get a new number etc.). Smart told me that this is eircom playing silly buggers in an attempt to prevent customers moving over. I don't know for sure that this is the case but it's certainly additional hassle for non eircom customers like myself. Having said that I'm seriously looking at moving from UTV to Smart when my 12 month Clicksilver contract is up in a month or two. That would mean the job would pay the €35 and we would just pay for calls (at the moment they pay €30 for UTV Clicksilver and we have to pay €24 line rental and whatever calls get charged (very few!)).

Cheers - I know about the phone line / number side of it. I suppose I could live with Smart calls for 12 months although the Mrs. Kilteragh makes a lot of calls!!

Back