Question about share certs and Crest

Pieface

Hi,
I wish to purchase some UK shares and receive share certificates for them. Which stockbrokers still deal in share certificates?
Also, I have a Davy online account (execution only) which I believe is an nominee account. Is there an option to set up a Crest account with them so that I am a legal owner of the shares that I own? Also, if the shares that I own are US shares, can I only hold them in a nominee account rather than a Crest account? Thanks.

Hi Pieface,

You can buy UK shares through your Davy Select account and request that we issue you with a share certificate for them. There is a fee of €30 (+VAT) per line of stock. If/ when you are selling your shares you will need to lodge the shares to your nominee account and allow time for the lodgement to settle before you can sell the shares.

If you would like to have your shares held in Crest in your own name you would need to have a Personal account or a Sponsored member account in Crest. Unfortunately we do not facilitate either arrangement.

It is possible to hold some US shares in Crest or have a shares certificate issued. We hold all US shares in the local market (US) via our Global Custodian, BNY Mellon.

Best Regards
davyselect

Back