Question about light fittings

eiregal

Probably a silly question but I’ll ask it anyway – Would people use the same light fitting in a hall and on a landing? I’m just decorating a new house and have the same colour scheme and style in both the landing and hall and saw a nice light fitting that would go well. Would I put it in the hall AND the landing or just one and get something else for the other? It’s probably all down to taste but what would others do? I’m so indecisive!

eiregal, there is absolutely nothing wrong with using the same light fitting in your hall and landing, in fact it would give you continuity. I work for a large electrical contractor and it is very common to give stairs, landings and corridors continuity with lighting. More importantly it is your house and if you are happy go for it. You have to look at it every day. Good luck with your new house by the way.

It is down to taste but I wouldn't - they are two different areas so my thinking would be something a bit formal / classy with good light for a hall and then something softer not as obtrusive for the "sleeping" area (ie the landing) - just my opinion :)

Back