Question about flight time to Adelaide, Oz?

witchymand

Hi,
does anyone know how long it takes to get to Adelaide in Australia, I have been to Perth before, but just wondered is it longer to Adelaide?
Also do you know of any budget apartments in Adelaide?
Thanks

If you look at a map of Australia you will see that Adelaide is pretty much on the other side from Perth. I would guess that it's the best part of 3000 miles further so it will be about 6 hours longer in terms of time.

It's a bit further alright ... you'll likely be flying via Singapore or Bangkok (as you probably did for Perth) ... then from there to Adelaide ... it's about an extra 1000 miles to Adelaide from either of those cities compared with Perth ... so more or less 2 extra hours flying

However it really depends on the route you take and connections etc. Adelaide has less international flights than Perth so it's possible for example that you might have to route through Sydney which would add considerably to the time required.

Adelaide is 3 hours from Perth, 1.5 from Melbourne and around 2 from Sydney by air. If you're not on a direct flight from Asia to Adelaide you'll probably have to clear immigation in Sydney/Perth/Melbourne, collect your bags and check-in to the flight to Adelaide - so you can add a couple of more hours to your journey time.

I've been to Adelaide a few times, pretty city but quite. I'd advise trying to stay somewhere in the beachside suburbs as the city centre itself (like most Australian cities) gets very quite outside business hours.

enjoy