Question about business lease

L

lazare

I'm in the process of searching for a location for a summer market/fair business.

One place in particular ticks all the boxes for me. It's a restaurant that has recently closed down. The car park and land are perfect for me, but I have no interest in the building itself. I will require the carpark for weekends only for six months.

Can I expect the leasing agent/owner to be flexible, considering the place has been lying idle for a while, and the fact that the success of my venture would make the restaurant itself a viable investment.

I've no experience in this area, are short term partial leases common?

What sort of figure could I expect to pay, and under what sort of terms?

Using land designated as parking spaces for the selling of goods may constitute a change of use and may require a planning application. Outside of the possible planning issues, it may not be possible to hive off the parking area on a discrete lease as this may render the original premises unusable.

Using land designated as parking spaces for the selling of goods may constitute a change of use and may require a planning application.

That's interesting, and something I'll have to check straight away.

Outside of the possible planning issues, it may not be possible to hive off the parking area on a discrete lease as this may render the original premises unusable.

I'll check that too, although my plan is to take up roughly 30% of the car park, so hopefully it won't be an issue.

Thank you.