Query regarding Local Property Tax and neighbour's Eircode

friedcircuit

Hi,

I will try and start this "question"! -

I bought a property in 2018 that was uninhabitable at the time and needed major work, it was empty for at least 14 years prior. I did get contractor shortly after to renovate and make livable etc. I think I moved in about Dec 18/Jan 19 - I was first time buyer and just started back at college and had my mind elsewhere and I did not know anything of LPT.

I received a letter from Revenue today saying their records show the property is not in use or suitable for dwelling and give property address and eircode and a property id and that I need to prove if this is still the case basically.

This is fine only the eircode they gave for the property I "own" is actually a neighbors house not mine. The only thing I can think of is that when I bought the property it had no eircode and the auctioneer used my nearest neighbors one for documents or whatever they do.

For my neighbors property they are calling mine they say - "Revenue records show the above property is not in use or suitable for use as a dwelling" Does this actually mean my neighbors are not not paying an LPT too?? Did the auctioneer ruin things for us both somehow?

Anyways my sort of question - I know now LPT is there, all other bills etc have been paid so how do I rectify it regarding my actual property and pay the last 5 - 6 years and avoid issues with the neighbor etc?

Thanks for any input - I'd like to avoid talking to Revenue without some input!! Anymore details needed I'll give them without specifics obviously!

This is fine only the eircode they gave for the property I "own" is actually a neighbors house not mine.
What eircode does the eircode finder return if you search for the address?
Thanks for any input - I'd like to avoid talking to Revenue without some input!!
It'd probably quicker just to call the LPT helpline. They're very helpful in my recent experience. And the eircode issue isn't going to exacerbate the LPT issues that you already acknowledge exist.
Anymore details needed I'll give them without specifics obviously!
What does this mean?

You might have bigger problems, planning permission is required to bring a dwelling back into residential use. You won't be able to sell it without resolving that, and it may be a case of the sooner you address it the better.

Back