Query re 13434 to call on Irish Mobile of someone in the US.

Hurling Fan

Just have a query re using 13434 to call on Irish Mobile.

If I use this service to call a Irish mobile number of someone in the US do you think the rate would be the advertised 10c/5c.

Also would anyone know if the person receiving the call on the mobile will have any charges i.e. will it effect the credit on their phone.

Thanks for your help as can't seem to find the answer to this on previous posts or on their website.

Hi
Yes, you would pay the advertised rate to call the Irish mobile when it is roaming in the USA. The person who has the Irish mobile in the USA will pick up the bill for the international part of the call. If you know what network they are on here you can get an idea of what it will cost them to receive a call in USA by looking at the various irish mobile operators websites

One of the cheapest solutions here (other than going down a skype/VOIP route) is to have the Irish person in the US pick up a local sim card (fairly cheap) and then call via something like 13434 for low rates (been a while since I've checked the 13434 rates to US mobiles, but it used to be very competitive).

0.5c per minute to American land lines or mobile.

Getting a US sim is a good idea for sure, just need to get the phone unlocked if it isn't already. Won't cost much.