Query on web hosting / domain name registration for a new small business

Protocol

Has anybody any tips on choosing an ISP for a new small business?

I have looked at irishdomains.com - they offer domain registration at 64 euro and yearly web hosting for 149 euro.

I have also looked at UTV.

Anybody any opinions?

Has anybody any tips on choosing an ISP for a new small business?

I have looked at irishdomains.com - they offer domain registration at 64 euro and yearly web hosting for 149 euro.

I have also looked at UTV.

Anybody any opinions?

Domain Names
If its a .ie use http://letshost.ie/ they are cheapest I use them and have no problems
If its a .com use again they are one of the cheapest and I use them and have no problems

Web Hosting
Best to choose an Irish company, I would recommmend http://blacknight.ie/ packages from around € 40 a year.
Hosting 365 are the other big player in the Irish market.

Irish hosts are best in the event you have a problem

Agree with what has been said regarding hosting provider and domain name registar.

Definately stick with an irish company for hosting - might be more expensive than US companies but from a support point of view this is worth it.

A more important and often over looked thing is that Websites not hosted in Ireland, will not appear in Google Ireland. This is hugely important from an SEO point of view.

www.register365.com are the Shared Hosting / Domain reg division - phone support and available support are important, and the other companies noted have much better rates than the original posters mentioned.

A more important and often over looked thing is that Websites not hosted in Ireland, will not appear in Google Ireland. This is hugely important from an SEO point of view.

That is not true. A .ie domain hosted in the US will appear in the Google Ireland Index. Location of the isp does play a part in SEO and it will be easier to get an irish hosted site better results in the irish serps. I have achieved front page rankings for all my keywords using a us isp and a .ie domain in Ireland (in a very competitive market "mortgages"). Also you can set the location your targeting through Google Webmasters Console.