Query on switching cards from BOI to AIB

bigbadostric

I am considering switching credit card and have been offered a 2 in 1 by BOI who I am with currently at a 15.5% student card. I have a balance of €1200 on it.

If I switched to an AIB click at 8.5% for example, would I be able to transfer the balance on the BOI card over to AIB? I do not wish to move my current account from BOI.

Thanks in advance.

Why don't you switch to a card with a 0% interest free period for transferred balances? If you do then read the terms & conditions so that you are clear on how the offer works - e.g. some such offers will charge full interest immediately on any subsequent transactions as long as some of the transferred balance is still outstaning. See the Financial Best Buys forum and www.itsyourmoney.ie lists of such CC offers. If you switch CC providers then make sure to close the original card/account totally and get a letter from the previous card provider to avoid having to pay CC stamp duty twice in the one year. See www.revenue.ie for more on this.

Transferring your CC has nothing to do with your current account.

Clubman many thanks for the reply. I am stuck between choosing AIB or the PTSB Ice option based on the best buys. One more questions:

Will I be able to access my credit card online if I switch, and pay into it from my Banking 365 setup?

Clubman many thanks for the reply. I am stuck between choosing AIB or the PTSB Ice option based on the best buys.
Why? Surely a 0% offer would be better?
Will I be able to access my credit card online if I switch, and pay into it from my Banking 365 setup?
You should be able to set the CC account details as an external payee and then pay from online banking with another institution. Such payments may take a few days to clear.

You would not be able to view transactions, or statements, if you switched away from BoI CC, but would, as already advised, be able to pay your bill from Banking 365.

Back