query on sky service

majee

we are thinking of getting rid of our landline. Will I lose my sky service if I do that? something in the back of my mind tells me they are linked.

ta, majee

no, won't loose sky. only issue is that accessing any sky services with additional charges (sky box office movies for example) is a bit more cumbersome, as you have to give them a call to get the movie.
if you have never used any service that has extra charges, you won't notice a difference.

Actually I belive Sky's Terms & Conditions require you to have a landline particularly if you have Multi-Room.

We plugged out the phone connection on one of our Sky boxes and after a few months we got a letter from them telling us to plug it back in or be disconnected.

I had my sky installed a few months ago. The installation guy never plugged in the phone line and I havent bother either, as it is the far side of the room

Sky works fine without, however I dont bother with the box office movies etc. It gives me the odd message which I just ignore!!

Having all boxes connected to landline makes sense from Sky's point because they are an exact duplicate of the subscription of the main box. This means you could effectively move a full sub next door for 15 Eur. Maybe they are more draconian against full subs but I never had problems even if sometimes the box is plugged in and sometimes it is not....stupid installers made a pigs ear of extra telephone extension so it shorts.

Back