Query on emailing photos

STEINER

Hi,

I emailed my family some photos a while ago, but it literally took me hours as I had to attach them individually in the email. I was unable to just put them in a folder and email the folder. I want to email some holiday snaps so has anybody got any tips as to how to email about 100 photos?

Winrar will create a single, emailable archive, but 100 photos at, say, 2 or 3Mb each will make a file too large to send from most email accounts.

You could upload them to something like Picasa Web Albums and just send people the link instead.

Open the folder in Windows explorer and select each photo you want to mail (hold down the Ctrl button and click on the photo name), you can then right-click and select "send to" & "mail recipient" from the menu that appears.

An email message will be created in Outlook or Outlook Express (depending on which you use) with all the selected photos attached.

As the good Dr said, the email could be too big to get through some email systems.

+1 on Picasa web albums, ALL my pics are up there, no fear of losing them locally,

Don't email them. Post them on Flickr or Picasa or Facebook or whatever, then send a link. All sites have a range of security options allowing you to make it as public or private as you like.

Don't email them. Post them on Flickr or Picasa or Facebook or whatever, then send a link. All sites have a range of security options allowing you to make it as public or private as you like.

+1

Emailing them is the wrong way to do this. Use an online gallery with privacy controls as the some above have said.

Imagine getting an email like that on your mobile. Eeeek.